Friday, September 24, 2010

A day late/Dommie updates

Yesterday was Dommie's 20 month birthday! :)

I can't believe he is 20 months already. It's insane. Sometimes it seems like I just had him and other times it feels like he is almost 5! He is talking SO much all the time now. And it's getting easier and easier to understand him. He is so smart. You can ask him to bring you things or do things, and he knows exactly what you are talking about.

Here's the post I did in early July about how much is doing. I wanted to update that and keep it current.

These were the words he said in early July:

Words he says very clearly:
Hi ● Bye ● Mama ● Daddy ● Kitty ● Dog ● Ball ● Bite ● Hot ● Out ● Up ● Yes ● No-no! ● Please ● Nana ● Ci-ci ● Cheese ● Peas ● One

Words he says kind of clearly:
Love you ● Binky ● Grandma ● Grandpa ● Stella ● Ruby ● Thank you ● Two ● Three

Well now he says all that AND all this:
Walk
Outside
Play
Watch (meaning he wants to watch the Backyardigans)
Bless you!
Bath
MOM (and very serious like that too when he REALLY wants something. No Mama, it's MOM!)
Dad (not as seriously though!)
Mike
Baby (and he's very sure he does NOT want a baby in his house, uh oh! and speaking of uh oh...)
Uh oh!
Woah!
Oh MAN! (his favorite phrase right now)
Okie Dokie
Right Back
Potty
So happy!

and probably some more I can't think of right now.

Some things he's doing right now:

● He likes to play a game where he comes up to you to give you a toy or a hug or something and then he'll look at you and say, "Right back!" and I'll ask, "You'll be right back?" and he says, "Yup" and runs away for a minute and then it's starts all over again. :)

● He can sing his abc's. Not in the right order, but he's definitely singing letters. He also knows part of the ending. He rattles off a bunch of letters to the tune of the song and then sings, "Now I know my..." and then you can't understand him again, but he's getting there!!

● He mimics everything. Whether it's things you are doing, words you are saying or something he sees on TV, he's doing it too. He loves the Backyardigans and when they dance, he jumps up out of his chair and tries to do the dance too. Sometimes he gets it pretty close. Sometimes not so much, but he's dancing along!

● He can do stairs (thank God!), up AND down and if he's holding your hand, he can walk one step at a time instead of putting both feet on each step. He's getting so big!

● He's close to potty training, I THINK. The other day he grabbed his diaper and said, "Potty". I asked him, "Do you need to go potty?" and he pointed to our bathroom. I said, "Ok, we'll try." So I brought him into the bathroom and we took off the diaper and sat on the potty. Well we don't have a little potty, so I had to hold him up and he didn't like it. So I got him down and put a diaper on him. After his diaper was on, he sat down, and when he got back up, you could see his diaper was stuffed. So he knew he had to go. So I went out and got a training potty. We'll work on this one!

That's all I can think of right now!

He's such a big boy. I know he'll be a great big brother. He loves babies (even though he wants them to stay with their mommies) and he loves helping.

Happy 20 Months Dommie!

No comments: