Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend

This was a busy weekend. With LOTS of traveling...

Nick and I own a "revolving timeshare". Meaning, we earn points that we can use at thousands of different resorts and we don't have an actual place that we go once a year. The place where we have our time share invited us down to talk about it and see if we had any questions. We had a LOT of questions so I'm glad we went.

We had a lot to get ready Friday before we could leave. We both worked full days, then I went and got copies of our keys for our various dog-sitters, and then we packed. We dropped Dom off at his Nani's about 5:45. Then we got on the road.

We headed out to Crown Pointe Links in Farmington, MO. We stopped and got a quick bite on the way (so I wouldn't get sick) and then we checked into our condo. It was gorgeous. Nick had been to the condos before for his birthday golf trip, but I hadn't and I was pleasantly surprised. It was really nice!

Here are some pics of the condo:

Our view from the room onto the golf course



Our living room



Dining room



TV and view to the balcony



Our Full Kitchen



Our Own Washer and Dryer (which I didn't use...)



Our King Sized Bed (which we LOVED and have to get one for home)



Our jacuzzi tub



Our separate shower



After we got settled in, we went out to dinner. We went to a place called 12 West. It was a really nice place. My eyes were bigger than my stomach (or at least had very different plans!) and I ordered the crab cake dinner. Well I had my cup of soup...then I ate my whipped potatoes and then my "morning" sickness kicked in and I was done. That's it. I didn't touch the crab cakes. Or my veggies. Or anything else. I was done. So we headed home after Nick finished and got ready for bed. I stayed up watching the rest of the Cards game, and then went to bed about 10ish or so.

Then things got crazy. We woke up at 8:30 and got dressed. We headed down to our continental breakfast and then headed to our meeting. The meeting started at 9 am. It was very relaxed and the guy was awesome. He was so good at answering all our questions and walking through everything with us. We feel so much better knowing everything we get and we have a phone number that we can actually talk to someone who can help us instead of a customer service line where people don't really care.

Anyway, about 10:45 we were almost finished and I had to get on the road for class. I left and headed back to St. Louis for my 1:00 class and Nick hung out in the room. My class went from 1:00-5:30 and as soon as it ended, I got back in the car and headed south again to go meet back up with Nick. I got back to the condo about 6:50 or so.

I hurried up and got ready and then Nick and I headed off to the Tiger Sanctuary for dinner. It was delicious!! We got lost and it took awhile to get there but it was worth the wait! Delicious. After dinner we got some ice cream and then went back to the condo again. I was exhausted by then, so we headed off to bed by 9:15 Saturday night!

Sunday we woke up, packed and hit the gift shop where we bought Dommie a stuffed tiger, me some "Fizzy Izzy Root Beer" and Nick some "Antique Amber Ale" brewed at Crown Valley, and then we got on the road. We picked up Dommie and watched some football.

It was the perfect (almost - more on that when I have time) ending to a great anniversary weekend!

No comments: