Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby Class #2

Last night was our second baby class. It was much more interesting than the first one. We started off by watching a birth video. This week was all about natural birth and next week we'll learn more about epidurals. The video wasn't that bad. I was expecting to completely freak out over seeing a birth, but I didn't. I don't think Nick did either. Although that doesn't matter. He's already told me he's staying right by my head and doesn't want to see ANYTHING. We also went over some breathing techniques and relaxation techniques. The best part of the class was learning about massage. Nick learned how to massage my hands and arms (which was awesome) and he learned about massaging my hips/back (also AWESOME). We ended the class by me laying on the floor on a blanket with a pillow with relaxing music on and Nick massaging me. While "pretending" I was in labor. It was great. I was ready to take a nap. And if that's how easy labor is, I'm all set!

Next week we have to bring in our "Labor Bag" to make sure we are on the right track with that and we are learning all about epidurals. We get to sign the consent form for that and have that all turned in so we have the option of an epidural when the big day comes. We are moving right along!!

2 classes down, 4 to go!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sounds like fun Megs.... Good for you, I hope Luke is as good of a sport as Nick when it is our turn... But I am MAKING him look down there for sure! :)