Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Nursery is Getting There

I was so excited last night that Nick and I didn't have any plans. It seems like every night we have to go somewhere to do something and we never get to just relax. So last night was a night to have to do nothing! It was great.

We started off watching Monday's episode of "Heroes". That is the only show that we are addicted to and we can't watch it on Mondays anymore because of our Baby Class (Thank God for our DVR!). So we watched that and then just turned on live t.v. and just hung out for awhile. Then I got antsy. I decided we had to put the crib together so I could feel as though we had accomplished something. So I begged Nick and finally I got him upstairs and we did it! We put the crib together. It looks great. I had to then pull out all the baby bedding and put it on, just to see what it looks like. (I still have to take it back off and wash it all, but I couldn't resist seeing what it would look like!). It looks great.

The only big piece of furniture left to put in the room is the armoire that my mom and I are restoring. She's coming over on Saturday to work on it with me, so hopefully we can get that done in a week or two. We are also getting to use my sister in law, Kate's, glider. I love it!

After setting the room up last night, I realized that there is room in the nursery for the glider! I'm so excited about that. The glider will be where the rocking chair is in these pictures. The rocking chair is going into the basement.

Here are the pictures of the nursery so far. The main thing left to do is get the drywall ready for painting and to actually paint the new wall. We are having someone come to look at that on Saturday. It's almost done!! We are getting there!!!







Oh, and quick funny story. After Nick and I put the crib together and put the bedding on, I grabbed the lamp and the mobile and started putting those things together and Nick went downstairs. He told me to grab the cat so he could clean the kitchen floors. I brought the cat upstairs and kept him in Dominick's room until I was done with the mobile. Then I opened the door to grab the rocking chair. After I did that, I went back into our room and forgot I was supposed to be watching the cat. Well twenty minutes later, Nick came upstairs and I realized I had no idea where the cat was. I went back into Dominick's room and here's what I found:



Peyton definitely thinks that Dominick's room is his room and he LOVES the new crib! :-) He's in for a rude awakening in about two months I think!

And don't worry, Peyton will not be allowed in that room once Dominick is here!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG, Megs the room is coming together so nicly, how fun to get to nest and put everything together and away. So exciting!!!

Cant wait to see it in December!

Les said...

I agree with Ashley, it looks adorable Meghan! I can't wait to see it when it's all complete and in person!! :)