Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baby Class #3

We had our third baby class night. It was a good class. We are still doing childbirth. Next week is our last class on childbirth. We also get a tour of the hospital next week.

Some good things that happened last night at class were we learned all about the medications used in labor and delivery if you aren't trying to deliver naturally, which I am not! We also took our "epidural" class. At St. John's you are "supposed" to take a class on epidurals and if you don't take the class you can't get an epidural. I have that in quotes because I've known many people who've delivered at St. John's and had an epidural and not taken the class, but my luck would be that they would check that I wouldn't be able to get one. So we got that out of the way. We also learned about c-sections. I have decided that I don't want a c-section at all if I can help it. Obviously circumstances arise where a c-section must be done, but if I can avoid it, I'm going to try.

After we learned about the meds and c-sections, we practiced our breathing exercises and did a relaxation exercise. This was the best part. For the relaxation exercise, I sit on the floor on a pillow in front of Nick's chair and he massages me while we listen to relaxing music. Usually I don't like the way Nick massages me, so I've been trying to help him learn what I want him to do for awhile now, but he just takes offense to that and doesn't change anything. Well last night he did GREAT! It was an amazing massage and I felt sooo relaxed during the exercise and even after. He did a good job!

We are halfway done with our class! 3 down, 3 to go!!

No comments: