Friday, November 7, 2008

TGIF

Thank God It's Friday!!

I have felt like this week has crawled by...it's taken forever to get to Friday and it will probably take forever to get to 4:00! Probably because there are so many things happening this weekend.

Tonight is my diaper shower at Ashley's house! I'm very excited about this for a few reasons.
1) Because I get to see my girls!!
2) It's not super "baby shower-y". It's a happy hour (with water and sprite for me!) so it's very casual.
3) I get more stuff for Dominick! I love looking at the cute baby stuff. I know tonight will be getting a lot of diapers, but I know Dominick will need a lot of diapers, so I'm excited!

I'll try to remember to bring a camera tonight and post pictures next week some time.

I'm also excited because Nick and I are going to Big Cedar this weekend! We leave tomorrow and we are gone until Monday afternoon. Here is a link to their website - Big Cedar and it looks amazing! We are staying two nights in a private log cabin. Our room will look like this. I don't know if we'll actually do too much while we're gone, but that's what I'm looking forward to. Laying around the cabin and doing nothing. We'll watch TV. Sleep in. I might read a book. Basically do nothing. It sounds amazing, doesn't it??

After we get back on Monday, we have our first child birth class! I don't know if Nick is looking forward to this, but I am. We are doing a six week class. It covers child birth, new born care, and breastfeeding. (I know Nick is NOT looking forward to the breastfeeding class, but I'm making him go with me anyway!). But Monday is the first class and I'm excited.

Tuesday is my 3 hour glucose test. Ok, this one I'm not looking forward to, but I am ready to take it and get it over with. Hopefully I'll get the results quickly and I can find out if I actually have gestational diabetes or not. I'm coming to terms with it, and I'll be ok with it if I have it. I just want to know. Because if I do have it, I'll have to make some changes and probably pretty quick. (For example, if I do have gestational diabetes, those pumpkin pancakes from IHOP with whipped cream were probably a bad idea for breakfast this morning!) :-)

And that's my weekend. That's why I'm so glad it's finally Friday! And that's why I probably won't be posting again until at least Tuesday. Have a good weekend!!

P.S. Could you tell that I just figured out how to do a link?? I was very excited about that today too!

No comments: