Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Friday Night Diaper Shower

Friday night was my "happy hour diaper shower" at Ashley's house. It was a lot of fun. There weren't too many people there, but that made it better. We could all socialize more and better. I felt like I actually spent time with each person there. I also got a lot of cute things along with the diapers.

Ashley had a great idea to add a poem to the invitation that basically said instead of a card, sign a book and give it to the baby and that was just great! We got so many good baby books and I can't wait to read them to Dominick.

I got a bunch of diapers, our wipe warmer, our diaper baskets, and a ton of other baby "must have's". Ashley cheated and didn't get us diapers, but she gave us two adorable one-sies. One says, "Dominick Robert Westerheide - Big names comes in little packages too" and the other says, "Basketball is in my genes". The second one is my favorite! :-)

Also, Michelle brought a bunch of baby bibs and stamps/markers for everyone to decorate. They turned out pretty interesting! Winnie's daughter, Grace, stamped all of them and then everyone else just found words to go along with the stamps...or they tried anyway! I don't have any pictures of those, but I'll try to remember to take some and post them soon.

Finally, the girls had a picture frame out for everyone to sign with a spot for a baby picture and the name "Dominick Robert" on it. It was adorable! There is still space to sign, so I'm going to have Nick's family and my family all sign it so we have a cute keepsake for Dominick when he gets here. The picture in it for now is one of my baby pictures. Don't make fun when you see it!

Here are some pics:



Here is a pic of Michelle and Grace decorating some bibs.



The picture frame with some signatures on it. I LOVE it and can't wait to hang it in Dominick's room!





This is me opening some presents!!



Me and my girls at the end of the shower. Lauren, Ashley, Me, Leslie, and Michelle.

I had such a great time on Friday night! Thanks everyone for a great shower!!

2 comments:

Abbiew said...

Sorry I missed you ladies! Looks like a lot of fun! Love you

Adam said...

I was there, thanks for the shout out...of course you were gone by then, so no hard feelings. :)