Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy Busy Four Day Weekend

I was so excited for it to finally be the "weekend" when last Wednesday afternoon hit...now I think I need a vacation from my 4 day weekend!

Wednesday night I babysat my beautiful niece, Cecilia. She was pretty good and we had a good night. I was there from about 5 until around 10, I think. So that was my first night. Not that I'm complaining. I LOVE watching Celia. She's so cute!!

Thursday was, of course, Thanksgiving and bound to be exhausting. We started the morning by picking up Nick's mom, Sue, and heading to our country club, Glen Echo, for Thanksgiving brunch. It was delicious. I decided to throw out the diet and just try to be smart on my food choices instead of starving myself for the holiday. The food was amazing and included my favorite Glen Echo holiday treat, twice baked sweet potatoes. Yum! After brunch we brought Nick's mom back home and headed to my Grandma's house. We had another wonderful meal. Again, no diet, and I even snuck dessert at this meal. Pumpkin pie with Cool whip! Delicious. We left there around 9 p.m. and I was completely exhausted.

Friday started with Nick going to his mom's to help do some work on her basement. I was supposed to clean the house...that didn't exactly happen!! I got the living room ready for our Christmas tree and I cleaned our room and that was about it. I was done. I couldn't do anything else.

Friday night was our double date with Crystal and Greg Mueller. I had a blast! We started by going to Buffalo Wild Wings and had a great dinner (albeit the service was a little sketchy) but the food was good and then we went to the movies. We went to see "Four Christmases" and we were smart enough to buy our tickets early but not smart enough to get there early! (Although probably partly the waitress's fault and not just our fault). When we got there it was packed! Crystal and Greg sat in the second row together and Nick and I split up. I luckily got a seat right behind a railing, so I had my feet up the whole time! FYI - that movie was hilarious. I loved it! Afterwards we went to Crystal and Greg's and got to see their house and Baby Mueller's room! I saw some pictures on Crystal's blog, but it looks even better in person.

Saturday will be in a separate post because I have pictures and it was an awesome day.

Sunday has gone too fast...Nick spent a lot of time at his mom's again and when he got home we decorated the Christmas tree. I'll show pictures of that in the next post along with the post on Saturday.

Whew! Now the weekend is over and I don't think I'm ready for another week of work...especially a full week of work!! Yuck!

1 comment:

Crystal Mueller said...

Well, thank you! We had a fun time too! Thanks also for the compliment about the baby's room!!!