Monday, November 3, 2008

Construction Day 1

Saturday morning was a busy morning for us. Nick and I got up and started working on the nursery. I had to do the second coat of the dark brown paint and Nick was getting his stuff together to start the wall! While I was working on the paint, Mike came over to help Nick. They went to Home Depot and bought all the studs to build the wall and the door and I don't know what else! They did a lot of talking about what to do while I was at the house and not a lot of doing. I was slightly nervous that nothing would get done, to tell you the truth. I painted until about 10:30 and then had to get ready for my first baby shower! (That will be the next post, don't worry!) So when Nick's mom picked me up at 11:30, nothing was done yet. I went to the shower and fully expected nothing to have been done when I got home at 4:30-5:00 that night. How wrong I was! (Thank goodness!)

Nick and Mike (and Mike's Dad for awhile) worked very hard on the room and when I got home, all the studs were up! It was amazing to start seeing the room become a room and not just a space. They were still working when I got home so I sat in the rocking chair and became the "foreman" to make sure they were doing everything right. :)

Here are some pictures of what was accomplished on Day 1:







And that is what the room looked like as of Saturday night!

No comments: