Monday, November 17, 2008

SURPRISE!!

Well I was fooled on Sunday. Completely fooled. Shocked even.

I thought Nick and I were going over to Nick's sister Kate's house for dinner. That's what I was told about a month ago. Well we weren't. We were going over to Kate's house for my surprise baby shower! I was completely surprised.

Looking back on it, I should have been more suspicious. But I wasn't. Sure, I asked plenty of questions, but I didn't put two and two together. He had originally told me that we were going to Kate's for dinner. Then on Saturday he told me that we were going over there at 1:00. That was weird to me, so I asked why 1:00? He told me that we were invited over early to watch football. Well that was weird to me too. Football starts at 12:00 or 3:00, so why 1:00, I asked. He said that the Rams were playing at 3:00 so Kate said we could come over any time after 1:00. Ok, that made sense. So Sunday morning I didn't think anything of it. We went about our morning as usual. Around 11:00 Nick told me we were cleaning the house so I took the upstairs and he took the first floor. I cleaned our room and our bathroom and finally had to lay down because I was so worn out from bending over to pick up laundry, clean floors, toilet, etc. At 12:40 he called up to me and asked if I was ready to go. Well I wasn't! I asked, "Do I have to be?" and he said, "Yes! We're supposed to go over at 1:00". Again, weird. Didn't Kate say anytime after 1:00, I was thinking? But whatever. I got up and put my hair in a ponytail and put my shoes on (Without changing clothes!! Wish I would have done that in hindsight!). I went downstairs and we left. On the way there Kate called and asked where we were. This I thought was VERY weird. Nick is notoriously late. And it was only 1:05, so why was anyone worried we weren't there yet? But again, I didn't put 2 and 2 together so we pull up to the house. Well there are a TON of cars there that I don't recognize. So I ask Nick, "Who all did she invite to this dinner??" and he said, "I don't know. Stop asking questions. Let's just go in". Again, I should have caught on to something there, but I didn't. We walk in and I was shocked!! There were about 25 people smiling and pointing cameras at me... I was fooled.



It was a great surprise though. I've never had a surprise party before (that I can remember right now) and I've definitely never been that fooled. I had a great time and we got almost everything off of the registry now! Dominick is going to be spoiled rotten.

My three amazing sister in law's threw the shower, Kate, Lisa and Christy. They did such a great job. And the invitations were adorable. Christy made them (she's very creative). We did play a game, but it was an easy one so I was perfectly fine with that. We played "mother to be Bingo". It was fun, even though I didn't win. :-)

All in all, it was a great day. Thank you so much Kate, Christy and Lisa for hosting and throwing that shower for me. You got me! And it was great.

When I got home and brought all of our stuff in the house I realized how much stuff we have for this baby boy already!! I took a few pictures of the room where we have thrown all of the baby stuff and it's ridiculous. Here are the pictures. Soon we'll have the nursery done and I can actually put this stuff away, where it belongs, but right now, it's all in piles in our guest room.









Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful presents! Every baby item in that room is either a gift from a shower or Nick and I bought it at the Stork Lady consignment sale. Dominick is going to be a spoiled little boy!!

1 comment:

Les said...

Aww how fun!!! Oh my goodness you have a lot of stuff now. Hope it all fits in his room :)