Monday, November 17, 2008

First Meeting!

About a year ago I joined an online community at the website www.ovusoft.com. It's a large group of women who are practicing the fertility awareness method (FAM). I learned about this website after I had a miscarriage and my wonderful neighbor, Laurie, told me to get the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". I have learned so much from the book and from this website. The website has many different forums discussing a million different topics. There is also a forum for "buddy groups". I am a member of a few of those groups. The people in those groups are from all across the world. I'm friends with people in California, Washington, South Carolina, Canada, Ireland, England, you name it. It's amazing to get to meet so many people going through the same stuff you are going through.

Anyway, I tell you all of this because on Saturday I got to meet one of my "buddies"! A member of one of my groups, Liz, was in town to be with some family and she and I decided to meet up. Liz lives in San Francisco. We met at a Starbucks to just get a cup of coffee since we both had a very busy day ahead of us, and it was amazing!! I'm so glad I got to finally meet her in person! We hit it off immediately. I was a little nervous about the meeting since we had never talked one on one for that long and everything is always over the internet, but I had absolutely nothing to worry about. It was great. It was like seeing a best friend from high school that I hadn't seen in years. We had no trouble talking about anything and the whole experience was just great. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet up and we've already decided we have to meet up again. She'll probably be in St. Louis before I'll be in San Francisco, but Nick already told me he would love to take a trip to San Fran, so look out Liz! We might be coming soon!!

Here is a picture of me and Liz:



Sorry if that bored you! But I had such a great time and am so glad I finally met one of my "buddies"! I can't wait to meet them all now! :-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so awesome. I'm super jealous!!

Alissabeth said...

I'm jealous too!! I wish I could meet you two in person.