Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We have a Door!

Yesterday, while I was taking my horrible 3 hour glucose test, Nick was off of work for Veteran's Day. I wasn't sure if he'd get much done around the house since we had such a relaxing weekend and it's hard to get back in the swing of things, but he did awesome yesterday.

First I'll tell you about my test. If you are pregnant or will become pregnant here's a tip, do EVERYTHING you can to pass the one hour glucose test, because the three hour test is NOT fun!!! I had to be fasting for the test so no eating or drinking after midnight. I woke up Tuesday and got ready for the day. I went to St. John's (I could have done it at any Quest, but since your blood has to be drawn every hour, I didn't want to take any chances of someone messing the test up and me having to re-do it) and arrived around 8:05. Well no one else got there until almost 8:25 (it was raining and traffic is bad in the rain since no one knows how to drive when it rains!). As soon as I could I went back to the little room and had them do my first blood draw. You have to do 4 blood draws with the 3 hour test. 1) your fasting blood draw, 2) your 1 hour blood draw, 3) 2 hour draw and finally 4) 3 hour draw. So I had them do my first draw and then I had to drink the horrible drink. 10 ounces of super sugary orange soda...and then still no eating or drinking...or chewing gum!! I finished the drink at 8:30, so I knew I wouldn't get out of there until 11:30 at the earliest. I was soo bored in that waiting room for 3 more hours. I tried sleeping and that wouldn't work. Then I tried reading, but I felt so nauseas from being hungry and all on a sugar high! 11:30 couldn't come fast enough! It finally came though and I got to leave looking like a drug addict with all the bruises and pricks in my arm from the four blood draws! The one good thing from the test was, since I was on a sugar high, so was Dominick. At one point I just laid there feeling him kick. He was going nuts!! I counted 30 kicks in like 5 minutes. I love feeling him kick. It's my favorite part. Anyway, that was my morning, and then I got to go to work.

Meanwhile...Nick was a busy beaver at home! He hung the new light in Dominick's room (matches the walls and theme perfectly!) and hung the new light in the upstairs "sitting" area. Then he hung the door to Dominick's room (so it's officially a ROOM now!) and finally he painted the whole sitting area and stair well! It looks so great! The only thing left to do in the upstairs is tape and mud the drywall and then paint that. We are so close!!

I think tonight we are going to put the crib and the changing table together and start putting some things away in the baby's room. It will make it all seem so much more real. I can't wait.

As soon as we are done with the upstairs, we'll move on to the basement. We will get started on the play room soon. So many projects to do before Christmas. And for those of you who aren't crazy on a deadline like me, Christmas is only 43 days away! We have a lot to do if we are going to have a house ready for company on Christmas!

Here are some pics from the work Nick did yesterday:



Here is Dominick's Door!





Here are a few pictures of the new wall color. Sorry the pictures are blurry, it's from my cell phone!

I'm so happy things are finally coming together! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be telling you the furniture is together, and hopefully next week I'll tell you the room and upstairs are officially complete!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry about your 3 hour GTT test. That sucks that you had to do that, but I hope the results come back good. I was so glad that I passed my first test. But luckily I had a cold that day and couldn't taste the drink at all, so I don't even know if it was as gross as people told me!

When do you find out if you passed the 3 hour test?

Sarah

Meg said...

I find out today...hopefully I passed!!