Friday, January 9, 2009

Day #11: Poor Cecilia!!

Today was an interesting and tiring day. It started off good. I got hardly any sleep again but that was ok because today was my growth ultrasound. I left the house at 7:30 and headed for the hospital. The ultrasound went well. Dominick is perfect. Just really big. He was measuring in the 65 percentile and now he's up to the 79th percentile...He's approximately 7 lbs. 13 ozs. So he's a pretty big boy. I'm hoping my body will recognize that and put me into labor sooner!! After the ultrasound I did my NST and that looked great too. His heart rate was great. I had a few contractions at the end of the test but not many so that's good too.

After the doctor's I went to Florissant to hang out with my Momma and Cecilia. My mom watches Cecilia every Tuesday, but this week she had her on Friday because Andrew is in New York City with his musical group, "Bach to the Future" (they are really good and on iTunes!!). Cecilia was sleeping when I got there and my mom mentioned us going to my Grammie's house to see her for lunch. That was good to me so we went to her house for lunch. Celia woke up and was NOT happy. She cried the whole way there. She cried a lot of the time while we were there and she cried the whole way home. Despite the crying, I was exhausted. I told my mom I needed to take a nap and I went into her and my dad's room. They have the MOST comfortable bed in the world. I fell right asleep and slept for almost 3 hours! At one point my mom came in and asked me to feel Celia's head and see if she felt warm. She didn't to me but I had been sleeping under two blankets for 2 hours. When I finally woke up at 3:45 my sister was holding Celia and my mom went to Walgreen's to get some stuff. She got a thermometer and some infant Tylenol. When she got back we took Celia's temperature. The thermometer said 102.2. I didn't think there was any way that was right so we took it again. 102.8. Again, I didn't believe it so I took my temperature with it. 97.8...hmmm maybe it was right. My sister called the pediatrician and they told her what to do. Poor Cecilia! We thought she was just being a stinker and there she was really sick the whole time.

I couldn't stay too much later than that. It was already 4:30 and Nick called to tell me he was going out with some buddies after work and I needed to go home and let Brady out. I came home, let Brady out and decided to be productive and take down all the Christmas decorations. I put all the ornaments away, the lights were taken off the tree, I swept all the pine needles off the floor and I cleared the mantle. I was exhausted. Then I decided to try and be a good wife and I made sugar cookies for Nick. He texted me at 5:50 saying he was leaving in ten minutes...but we all know Nick...I just got a phone call from him at 7:20 and he's on his way home now.

I guess that's it. I'm going to relax since (besides my nap) I've been running around or on my feet all day. Happy Friday everyone!!

2 comments:

Ben and Whitney Evely said...

So, I noticed you said you had a few more contractions. I'm just wondering...is it pretty apparent that's what's going on when they occur?

Meg said...

Yes. I think so. My whole stomach tightens up into a ball and it's hard to breathe. If I'm standing I have to sit because everything feels too tight to even stand there. I'm sure this is nothing compared to "active" labor but these contractions are definitely more than BH contractions. I think...I could be completely wrong though! :-)