Friday, January 2, 2009

Day #4

I don't really know why I'm labeling the days anymore. Since I'm not on complete bed rest anymore it seems silly. I guess it's just Day #4 since I was told I can't work anymore. So my fourth day at home.

Today has been a good day so far. The house is nice and clean from yesterday which I love so today is a pretty relaxing day. Last night was a good night. Crystal and Greg came over and we went to Bellacino's for dinner. It was delicious even though it took over 45 minutes to get our food. Then we came back to our house and watched "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry". After that we watched a little poker on ESPN and then I was craving ice cream. Craving it like a LOT. Crystal said she could have some ice cream too, so we started our quest. We headed to Dairy Queen (this was at 11:15 p.m.) and they were closed. So we tried Ted Drewes and they were closed. Crystal told us we could go to McDonald's and get McFlurry's. I didn't even know they had those! So we went to McDonald's and all got a McFlurry courtesy of Greg (Thanks Greg!!) and they were amazing. I don't know what was up with that craving but that ice cream really hit the spot.

Crystal and Greg left around midnight and Nick and I went up to bed. I completely forgot I had a monitoring appointment this morning at 8:30, so I didn't sleep too well. I was afraid of oversleeping. But I didn't. I got up and went to my appointment, alone since Nick wanted to sleep in. Punk. ;-)

It was a good appointment. His heart rate was great. Then we did the ultrasound. His fluid is great. Around 12 right now (again, it needs to be between 10-20). The ultrasound tech was very nice. It was a basic ultrasound machine so she couldn't get as good of pictures as I've gotten in the past but she showed me some good pictures. I got to see his little legs crossed at the ankles again. I don't know why he likes to do that! Then I saw his hand resting on this leg. The tech pointed out how big he is. She told me he's going to be a BIG boy...this makes me nervous. She got a few good pictures of his cute little feet too. We also got a good view of him practicing his breathing. You could see his chest rise and fall. That's good because we know his lungs are pretty developed already. Then she got a "money shot". A picture of something we hadn't seen before. It was a picture of Dominick's cute little head and he has hair! You can see the little wavy lines on his head and hanging off his neck. I'm so excited about this for some reason! I'm going to have a chunky monkey with hair!

After the ultrasound I made my next appointment. I have the next monitoring on Tuesday at 10:00 and a dr. appointment at 10:50, so that's nice. I don't have to go up there three days next week. Just two! Woohoo! And at my appointment the doctor and I are supposed to start talking about induction dates since Dominick is so big and since I have a blood clotting disorder. We'll probably schedule it around 38-39 weeks. That's only a few weeks away! Kind of scary that it's that close already but exciting at the same time. I also have an ultrasound next Friday, a good ultrasound to check on growth and see how big he really is. I think that will have a big impact on whether my doctor will want to induce me early or try to wait it out.

I guess I'll have to wait and see...Tuesday seems like forever away to find out when my doctor thinks I'll be having this baby. But I can wait. Only a few more days...

No comments: