Monday, January 12, 2009

Day #12: Saturday

Saturday was a LAZY day and it was great. Nick and I laid on the couches all morning and early afternoon. Nick took a nap and around 4 I went to the grocery store. We called my sister and asked if we could come over and make her dinner. She's been sick and Celia's been sick and Andrew is out of town so I thought it would be something nice to do for her. She loved the idea and around 5 we headed over there.

I decided to be adventerous. I made four new recipes for dinner. I went to Border's recently to get the last Twilight book and while I was there I bought a few cookbooks and a recipe card holder with 300 recipes from the Food Network. I was trying four new recipes from the Food Network.

I made "bacon wrapped artichoke hearts" for an appetizer. They were delicious if I may say so myself! Then for dinner we had "Pesto Pasta Salad", "Italian Baked Pork Chops", and "Sweet Potato and Apple Saute". It all turned out pretty good. I was so nervous because my sister is an amazing cook. I'm ok, but not consistent. I was so happy when dinner turned out ok and my sister actually liked it! She might have been faking but I don't care. She ate it and said she liked it and that made me feel like I did a good job! Woohoo!

I might try a new recipe again tonight...we'll see!

We stayed there until after the football game between Arizona and Carolina and then we went home and went to bed. Not a bad Saturday, if I may say so myself...

No comments: