Friday, January 16, 2009

Day #18

Today I had an NST at 9:30. Starting last night I got some contractions with some sharp pains, really low and centered. I wasn't sure if this was anything to do with labor or what. I had the pains all through the night and didn't sleep well at all. This morning I called my Momma to see if she would go with me to the hospital for the NST, just because I was afraid of driving myself with the pains. She said yes, thank goodness and came to my house about 8:30. We left shortly after that and when we got to the hospital we went right in to do the NST. Dominick was awake this morning. No buzzing him today. He passed the test within the first 5 minutes but they made me stay on there for the full 20 minutes or so anyway. I told the nurse about the contractions and the pains and she decided to monitor my contractions. I had some during the NST, honestly I have no idea how many but some. Then she measured my fluid. It was around 12 (supposed to be between 8-24) so that was good. She also checked to see where the baby was and he is LOW! Usually when they do the fluid ultrasound you can see the top of Dom's head, but not anymore. He is so low she could only see shoulders and his neck. Then she called the on call doc about my pains. Since I've had a few surgeries on my cervix she wanted to get the green light to send me home before letting me go. The on call doc called back and told her that I could go, but to tell me that this was probably labor getting started. Since he is so low and I'm contracting with pains, the on call doc is hoping I'll be back in tonight or tomorrow in full labor...I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard. I really hope they are right and this is it!

I'll let you know!!

3 comments:

Alissabeth said...

Good Luck, lady! Sending good wishes and prayers for you both!

Sarah said...

How exciting!! I hope this is it for you and that everything goes as smoothly as possible!!!

Crystal Mueller said...

Wow! That is so exciting!
Keep us all updated!!!