Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day #17

Today is a MUCH better day! And yesterday ended up being a lot better too.

I'll start with the ending of yesterday. Nick got home around 3:15 and he came in with flowers (so beautiful!) and a gift bag. I was still pretty down at that point so it was a nice gesture for sure. I opened the gift bag and there were two cards in there. I was kind of confused by that and then looked at the names on the cards and one said, "to my baby" and the other one said, "Mommy". I almost started crying right there! Already things were looking up for me!

I won't tell you what the cards said, but I'll tell you what Nick wrote in them each. It made my day so so much better. The one from him to me he wrote, "Happy Birthday, baby. I love you so much and I can't wait to have our baby boy and start our family. Love, Nick". That was such a great card. I loved it. Then I opened the other card that said to Mommy. He wrote in this one, "I love you Mommy and I can't wait to see you and give you lots of hugs and kisses. Love, Dominick".

Those made my day. After the cards I looked in the bag and Nick gave me some candy bars. My favorite kinds! I know I have to eat them only a little at a time because of the diabetes but still, it made me happy! After that my dad called and asked what we were doing for dinner. Nick had told me we'd go anywhere I wanted for dinner but I hadn't thought of anything good yet. My dad said he and Mom were going to Cugino's for dinner and did Nick and I want to tag along. It sounded good because I couldn't think of anything else I wanted so we headed out there for dinner. It was a nice and easy dinner and we really enjoyed ourselves. When we got home we went to bed...at 9:00! That was actually nice too though. I still have a cold.

Today has been good too. The windshield repair people came around 11:00 to get the car and they had it back with a new windshield by 12:15! So that is done. I'm going to get the car seat installed this afternoon so that will be done too. Everything will get done...just a day later than I planned. No big deal.

Tonight Angela, Andrew, Cecilia, me and maybe Nick are going to an IWA basketball game. I'm pretty excited about that too. I miss coaching there and I miss all the girls I had last year. It will be good to see them and watch the game.

Today has been so good that I'm just going to pretend today is my birthday instead of yesterday!!

No comments: