Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day #16: My birthday

Worst birthday ever right now...

Ok, maybe not the worst ever, but it's not looking so great and it's only noon!

First off, I have a cold, which is no fun. I took some medicine last night to help me fall asleep and that kind of worked. I slept on and off but kept waking up to go to the bathroom and then it took forever to fall back asleep once I was up each time. Now that I'm up, my nose is running and I have a sore throat with a cough. I want to shake this cold really fast because I'd hate to have my baby and then not really be able to hold him/kiss him too much for fear of getting him sick right away!

Second, our ice maker quit working. Well that quit working like a few weeks ago but today is when the repair man was coming. I was hoping it would be a really easy fix and I'd have ice by this time tomorrow...no such luck. The water valve is bad so he had to order the part. It cost $50 for him to tell me that and then it will be another $50 plus parts and labor when the part comes in. I don't even really care about the money. I'm just annoyed that I still don't have ice.

Finally, as I was waiting for the repair man to come I heard my car alarm going off in the front of my house. Which was weird because it never goes off...well it goes off if it hears a loud noise but that's it. So I ran downstairs, or went as quickly as I could without tripping since I can't see my feet, and looked out the window. There was a huge branch (the length of my car) on the sidewalk and pieces of branch everywhere. The wind broke the tree branch. It didn't look like it did too much damage so I was going to take a few pictures and then go to Florissant to have lunch with my Momma and Daddy. Well, I was wrong. The branch hit my windshield and shattered it. It went through the windshield on the driver's side and there is glass all over the inside of my car especially right in the driver's seat so I can't drive anywhere. Plus there is a hole on the driver's side and I wouldn't want to drive like that anyway.

I haven't called the insurance company yet. I'm going to do that as soon as I'm done posting this. I just needed a minute to get my bearings straight. I didn't realize how emotional I was. As soon as I saw the hole and all the glass I just started crying and I couldn't stop. I called my mom and cried to her. Then my dad got on the phone and I cried to him. Then I paged Nick with "911" so he'd call me back quickly and he probably thought I was in labor! Luckily he's being great. He told me he'll take care of everything if I don't want to do it. He even told me he'd call his mom and see if I could borrow her car to see my folks. But I said no. I'll be alright. I'm just being a big baby.

I just really didn't want to deal with anything today. I kept saying that all I wanted to do for my birthday was be lazy and do nothing. Now I'm having to deal with all the extra stuff that I don't want to. Oh well. C'est la vie...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor Meg. I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this today sweetie. I hope things calm down and you can enjoy the rest of your day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Sarah