Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day #24

I go to the doctor today. I'm kind of nervous/excited but I'm going to talk to him a lot today.

I want to tell him exactly how I feel about how things were handled on Tuesday. I was worried the whole time since Dominick failed the NST and the Biophysical Profile. Then they admit me to the hospital and don't hardly check on me. Also, I haven't been feeling him move as much and I've been telling them about that for the past week but they don't give me any information...other than saying, "If you don't feel him move as much you need to tell the doctor or come in". Well when I tell the people on staff, no one seems to care. Also, I'm not going to go in if they are going to admit me, monitor me, and not tell me what's going on and just send me home!

Sorry for that vent, but I'd rather hear from my doctor what I should do and I'd like him to tell me how everything is going. I don't like being kept in the dark about my son!

So hopefully I can get some good answers today.

Even after eating really really sugary stuff, Dominick isn't moving as much. I know they start to slow down their movements towards the end but it has me nervous. If my doc says it's ok, then I'll believe him, but I'd rather hear it from him than some tech who only talks to me for a few mintues before ushering me out the door.

I'll let you know how everything goes. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't blame you at all for telling your doctor exactly how you feel about yesterday's experience. Hopefully he'll really listen and respond appropriately to your fears and worries.

Thanks for the compliments on the nursery. It's exciting to have it finally start looking like a room instead of a staging area for a yard sale. Yea, I painted the two pictures on the wall (with the help of stencils!) They weren't nearly as involved as the mural you did in Dom's nursery.

I have a friend who was dilated 2 cm for 3 weeks and she went right at her due date, whereas I know a few others who weren't dilated AT ALL and went early. So you never know.

Lots of luck with the appointment today. Definitely update!

Les said...

Good Luck at teh doctor Megs! Keep us posted for sure. I hope everything's ok too. For sure tell him about what happened yesterday, that is not professional at all and of course you deserve the best treatment and some answers now!

Let me know how it goes. Tell Dominick at lot of people want to meet him ASAP so he needs to get out of there! :)