Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day #8: More appointments

First off, I didn't write yesterday because our internet was down and I wanted to admit something. I'm crazy. I HAD to get the next book in the "Twilight" saga. I went to the Target by my house: sold out. I went to Border's on Brentwood: Sold out. Finally I went to Target on Eager and they had the second one and the third one. I started the second one yesterday around 12:30. I took an hour break around 3 when I ran two errands for Nick. I finished it last night around 7...I'm crazy. I had to read it. Now I'm reading the third one and I know I won't finish today since I have plans tonight but I'll finish it tomorrow for sure. Yes, I'm completely aware that I'm crazy.

Oh and the movie was good. It followed the book pretty closely and Nick really liked it too. I don't think he'll read the books since they are more of a love story than the movie was but it's nice to discuss the books with him, even if he hasn't read them.

Ok, back to today. I had two appointments today. My monitoring was at 10 this morning. Everything went well. Fluid was great around the baby and his heart rate was perfect. I didn't have any contractions but I had constant "uterine irritation" as the tech put it. I felt ok though, so we're not going to worry about that.

Then I had my OB appointment. This one took forever. My appointment was at 10:50 and I didn't see the OB until around 1:00. Nick was annoyed for me. He called me and told me that he would have left the office. But I know that I expect the dr. to blow everyone else off when I'm in labor so I'm ok with him blowing me off while he's delivering someone else's baby. He finally came in and told me that everything looks great. The baby is not as big as I've been fearing. He's in the 65th percentile. Which is bigger than the average baby but not scary big. They don't worry until they get into at least the 80th percentile and usually when they are in the 90-95th percentile. So that's a relief. Also, the doc told me that he won't let me hit 40 weeks because of my blood clotting disorder. So I have an OB appointment next week where the doc is going to do a quick procedure called "stripping my membranes" which is something he does to my cervix to try and get me into labor. Also, we are scheduling an induction. The nurses will call me when they have the date finalized but it will probably be right before my due date. January 26, 27 or 28th. That is a last resort. He's hoping that between my body and stripping my membranes, I'll go into labor on my own. But it's kind of exciting to think that "worst case scenario" my baby will be here in three short weeks!

That's all I have for now. I'll go back to reading the third book, "Eclipse". More later.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVED the Twilight books! I also read the first one and then instantly had to read the rest of them. We went and saw the movie the first night it came out!

And you might want to research evening primrose oil or borage oil. They are apparently natural methods of ripening the cervix. There's a post about them under "Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum" on ovusoft.

Ashley said...

So I MUST be crazy, I keep hearing, seeing everyone talking about these damn books, I feel so out of the loop, I have NO idea what they are, will you please help me with this???

Picture, Our first apartment, you on my bed trying to explain macro ecomonics to me and me so annoyed almost in tears....

LOVE YOU!

Can I come see you this weekend?