Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Cookies at Great Grandpa's

For the last few years, the girl cousins have gone to my Grandpa's a few days before Christmas Eve to make Christmas cookies. We all bring our own tools and such and make a bunch of different kinds of cookies. Then we set up and decorate Grandpa's tree.

This year we did the cookies on the Monday before Christmas. We made a TON. Here's a few pics of the cookie making. I didn't help with the tree. I was still finishing up my cookies. :)





I love that we've made this a tradition. I think my Grandpa really likes it and we all have fun. After we're done with the cookies (and Grandpa has sampled each type), he makes us milk shakes. That's one of my favorite memories as a kid. Going to Grandpa's for a sleepover and getting to have a milkshake after dinner. Delicious!

The remaining cookies were given to me to take to my in-law's house for Christmas day. Well I forgot them and when we got home, the dogs had gotten up to the counter and eaten all of them... :( I guess they just saved me a few pounds. I hope they enjoyed them. They were delicious!

No comments: