Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Game Night

My friends and I try to get together once a month for a game night. We have appetizers and drinks and we play Catch Phrase, Cranium, Apples to Apples, etc. Once we did a Wii tournament. We all have a blast. We've been bad lately and haven't gotten together in awhile, but we made time for Christmas game night. It's the best.

Christmas game night is always fun because we do Rob Your Neighbor. The last three years we've done White Elephant Rob Your Neighbor, but next year we might do "halfway nice present" Rob Your Neighbor. We'll see. :)

Everyone came over about 6 on Thursday night and we hung out in the kitchen and ate some food (on my new island - see picture below...).



After awhile, we went into the living room played Rob Your Neighbor. This year we decided to do TWO rounds of Rob Your Neighbor. Our gifts were BAD this year. One was "ok" but the other three were BAD. We put in a pink sequin purse, a creepy doll, a Christmas music box, and some glass coasters you put your own pictures into. I think the coasters were "ok"....

We played the first round of Rob Your Neighbor and Nick and I got ok gifts this year! The first year, we got a can of SPAM and a picture of Adam and Michelle in their PJ's. Not so great! This year we got a bottle of Country Bob's sauce and the movie Flightplan in the first round. We'll take 'em! The second round was worse for us. Nick got a strawberry cookie jar (ok) and I got a bag full of change and a diaper...not so great! :)

Luke got Creepy Carol, as we named her, and Winnie got the music box. Julia actually liked Creepy Carol and traded for her. Ashley got a coat rack (which she left at my house, and if she doesn't meet up and get it, I might put it together and use it!!) and Jim got the pink purse. I had told the boys that the pink purse was actually a good "boy" present and I had three guys fighting over it! Jim traded the pink purse to Brian who was going to give it to his little girl. What a nice Daddy! Jim also got a large creepy doll that Nicole put in. This was the year for creepy dolls...maybe we should do Themed Rob Your Neighbor next year...something to think about.






We had a blast. After Rob Your Neighbor, we did Secret Santa gifts. These were real presents. I got the Mark Bittman "How to Cook Everything" cookbook/encyclopedia and Nick got a giftcard to Wherenberg Movie Theaters. He also got a small gift for Baby A! He got two pink and white binkies! :)

When that was over, we headed downstairs to just relax for a bit. It was great to catch up and just hang out with everyone. The holidays seem so hectic and it was nice to just sit and be.

I think everyone had a good time. I HOPE everyone had a great time! I did. And I think Nick and I will watch Flightplan this week while eating something I make from my new cook book! :)

That's it for Christmas posts now, I swear! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!

Now I have just under 4 weeks to prepare for Dominick's 2nd birthday! Holy cow....crazy how time flies!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey hooker I want my coatrack for my office!
Guess we need to meet up soon!