Thursday, December 2, 2010

Potty Update

Last night was not the night I was expecting. And that's fine by me!

Our good friend, Chris, came over to show us some windows for the new bathroom. We are getting there on this project and should be done around Christmas or New Year's and I'm excited. While he was there, our neighbor, Jeff, came over and told Nick he had an extra ticket to the Blues game that was starting in 20 minutes. Nick told Jeff 'No' since we were going to go Christmas shopping and stuff. I told him to go to the game. He took off for a week and a half to use vacation and he was up at 5:50 every morning working on our bathroom. He deserved a night out.

So he went.

That didn't stop me from needing to get some shopping done though! So Dommie and I got loaded up and headed out the door. First I checked his diaper and he was BONE dry, so I told him we'd change him when we got home. We went to Office Max to get some envelopes for work (which totally don't work so I get to go back and return them...yay). Then we went to Target and got St. Nick's presents for all Nick's nieces and his nephew and a few Christmas presents. We also got Nani's St. Nick's present.

And I bought 120 size 5 diapers...

After this shopping it was past 8:00 so we headed home. When we got home, we let the dogs out and headed upstairs to get ready for bed. When I went to change Dom he was still bone dry. I asked him if he wanted to try the big boy potty. He nodded.

So we went into the master bathroom and he sat down on the potty. He immediately said, "Book?" and I told him, "After you go potty we'll read a book." so he immediately started going potty!! I'm not gonna lie, it kind of went everywhere at first, but that's ok. I'll take that. I can clean that up. He only went a little and said, "Book?" again. I said, "Can you go potty some more?", and he went a little more and laughed. We did this a few times. Then he didn't have to go anymore.

Yay!!!

After this, I put an overnight diaper on Dom and got him in his pajamas. Then I cleaned up the floor and cleaned out the potty. I went back to Dom's room and we read a few books. Then Dom went right to bed.

This morning when I woke him up, because yes, he still likes to sleep in, I went to get him dressed and noticed his diaper was completely dry again. I asked him if he wanted to do the big boy potty again. He nodded. So went into the bathroom and sat down. He again asked for a book and this time I was prepared. I had brought two in with me. I told him he needed to use the potty while we read and he nodded. I read him a book we got at Target last night (a Santa and his reindeer book for $1 - score!) and when I finished reading, I asked him if he was finished using the potty. He nodded and stood up. The potty was FULL! He definitely held it all night and used the potty in the morning.

What a Big Boy!!!

I told Ms. Stella this and she promised to keep him using the potty during the day. I know this doesn't mean Dom is potty trained or anything, but this is HUGE. I'm so proud of him. Stella told me, "I've been saying it for months, Dominick is too smart for his own good," and I think she's right! He is so smart.

My little man. Only 1 year and 10 months old. And on his way to being potty trained.

I'm one happy Mommy today!! :)

No comments: