Monday, December 20, 2010

Family Christmas!!

My immediate family does Christmas the Sunday before Christmas. Just so we can see each other and do our own thing without being rushed and without the fear of having to do another Christmas at the same time. We've done this the last 3-4 years and it's worked out really well.

I have a TON of pictures on my camera, which is at home, so I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Until then, you get the commentary...

We got to my parents around 2:45 pm and sat and watched the end of the Rams game. It was a sad ending to the game (well a sad game really) and after that we opened presents.

This year Dominick and Cecilia knew what they were doing and they really liked ripping the paper off the presents!!

They both got so much stuff! Spoiled and lucky little kids!

Dominick got:
A train table and train set
A container of play food (which he loves)
Lincoln Logs
A book (The Very First Christmas) read by Great Grandma (last year we got Twas the Night Before Christmas - read by Great Grandpa)

Cecilia got:
Dress up clothes
The Very First Christmas Book
A Doll
Some PJs
Play Dough
and something else I can't remember....

Nick and Andrew both got indoor remote controlled helicopters from my parents and some golf balls. (And money).

My sis and I both got some jewelry from Codi Boutique and a mini journal for our purses. (And some money).

Nick got Call of Duty Black Ops from Andrew and Angela.
I got the new Mark Bittman cookbook (Food Matters) and the book about the Food Matters philosophy from Angela and Andrew (can't wait to start using!!!).

We got Angela and Andrew gift certificates for Flemings Steak House.

We got Mom a night out! We're taking her to see Jersey boys in the spring. That was from the four of us, although just Angela and I will go with Mom. Not exactly the boys cup of tea. :)

Angela and Andrew got Dad SLU basketball tickets and dinner (which Nick and I are tagging along for!) and we got Dad a remote grilling thingy that Nick picked out...I think Dad liked it.

So we were ALL very spoiled!! The kids LOVED their presents. Dominick immediately started playing with the food. Cecilia got all dressed up in her fairy outfits. The boys went nuts with their helicopters, flying them all over the house.

It was a good good Christmas.

We had a wonderful dinner of pork tenderloin, feta, apple and pecan salad, green beans, au gratin potatoes, and delicious (organic) cheesecake for dessert.

It was the perfect day!!

I'll post pictures soon, I promise!!!

One Christmas down!! A few more to go. :)

Happy Holidays!

No comments: