Friday, December 3, 2010

Drama, drama, drama...

So last night started off like a normal night. A little hectic, but normal.

I left work about 2:30 to help Nick pick out our marble for our bathroom. We narrowed it down to three choices and are getting quotes on all three. Then the marble guy left.

Nick headed up to take a shower and I went to fair shares to get our food for the week. After Fair Shares, I went to the bank and deposited my paycheck. Then I got Dommie. :)

When we got home, I got Dominick's food prepared and we headed downstairs. When Nick came down, I went upstairs to make our dinner (Duck Ravioli, Organic Red Wine Sauce, and Organic Goat Cheese = YUM!).

While making dinner, Andrew dropped off Cecilia for us to watch for a few hours (which actually ended up being right about 1 hour - so not long at all).

THEN, Bridget, a girl in my class and a neighbor, came over to study.

Then the drama began....

While we were studying (the 12 cranial nerves, which I still don't know), we heard an alarm go off on the street. I had just finished telling her about the fear I have and she was kind of giving me trouble.

"Uh oh! There's your car!" she joked with me.

Before I could even say anything back, we heard a police siren and saw the flashing red and blue lights.

"Go get 'em!" I yelled.

We were both laughing and joking around that the guy who wanted to break into my car came back and now the cops were getting them. Just joking around.

Then I got a text from my neighbor. The neighbor that sent me the text about the guy beating on their door at 5:15 am. It said:

"Steve just called the cops on that white SUV that was out front...Cops chased them & r now at our neighbors house..."

I was pretty shocked. I wrote back,

"What?? What's going on now??"

She wrote back even more shocking news:

"Cops r going to arrest one of the young adults in neighbors house. She has warrants. Cops are going to flag neighbors house. All the rif raf is coming from there."

Warrants?? So this is something that's been checked into before. It's not like they saw the SUV and then called a judge and got a warrant. Holy cow!

My neighbor then called me and told me that they were sitting in their living room (which faces the street) when they saw the SUV pull up and stop in front of my house. This was at around 7:30. So NOT very late. If you woke someone up at 5:15 am looking very suspicious, would you come back at 7 pm to try something else on the same street, same block, same three house area???

They called the cops and the cops were there almost instantly. As soon as the SUV saw the cops, they took off. One cop went after the SUV and the other went to the neighbors house.

After my neighbor wrote me that last message, I wrote back,

"Thank God something is getting fixed!".

She wrote back:

"Officer said if we see anything at all to call or we see anyone but neighbor going into house to call. They think that girl is connected to several crimes up north.".

So wow...drama!

But I'm so thankful that something got resolved. And if you think about it, it was quick. My car got broken into Friday night. I called and filed a report on Saturday morning. My neighbors house got woken up at 5:15 am on Monday. Then on Thursday we had extra patrol and the car came back and the cops were called and caught him. This morning when I went to leave, there was a white police van parked in front of my neighbors neighbor's house (did you get that?). So that makes me feel safer too.

I think I slept better last night than I have in a week!

Happy Friday morning to me! :)


Edited to add:

I've received a few emails asking where "up north" is. I honestly don't know. That's just what the text said. I didn't actually talk to the cops or anything, but I'm going to ASSume she meant North City. I don't really know why, but for some reason I am just thinking it's the city and not the county. If I hear anything either way, I'll post back.

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

My goodness! That's the kind of excitement you can do without, huh? Hopefully the quick police action has things resolved and your only drama from here on out is on tv! :)