Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dr. Appointment and Ultrasound

So this morning I had a doctor appointment and another ultrasound. My dr. appointment was at 9:10, so Dommie and I got to sleep in a bit!

We got up and got dressed, and just basically took our time. After I dropped him off, I headed out to St. John's hospital. I got there early and settled in the waiting room. They called me back and did my blood pressure (108/60) and weighed me (up a LOT since last appointment!!!) and then pulled out the doppler. Baby was sounding good. Heartbeat was 140 bpm and she was pushing up against the doppler while the nurse was holding it.

Then I settled in. The doc came in shortly and told me that everything is looking great. I am in a healthy weight range (up about 14-15 lbs so far but he wants me to gain about 25-30 this time around, so I'm fine so far) and my other tests came back normal. I do have to do another glucose test when I'm 28 weeks. So I'll do that next appointment.

I asked him if I could fly when I'm 33 weeks, since that's when we're planning on going to Park City, UT for our family ski trip, and he gave me the green light to fly but basically nothing else. I can walk around...I can do a carriage ride....he told me to use Nick's credit card ;-) but NO skiing (which I knew), NO tubing (which I figured), and NO lifting of any luggage (which I'm excited about!). So yay! We can book our plane tickets now!

After that, he told me to be back in 4 weeks for an appointment and the glucose test and he sent me off to the Perinatal center for my ultrasound.

I got there EARLY since I was in and out of the doc, so I had to wait a bit to get in to the ultrasound. Again we had to do a cervix check. They want it to me at least 3 cm and mine is currently 5 cm, so no problems there.

Then the fun stuff!

It's DEFINITELY a GIRL! No questions about that today. :)

We got a good profile shot and some other good pics. Here are a few of my favorites that they put on a CD for me to keep:


^^ She's a thumb/hand sucker!! ^^



^^ This looks a lot like some of Dommie's pictures with his ankles crossed, but this is the opposite! Her face is on the right side, but you can't see it because she kept covering her face with her hands!! Like we were the papparazzi trying to steal a pic! ^^



^^ This is her BEAUTIFUL profile! (Isn't she a doll??) ^^



^^ Here are those legs!! She LOVED flexing her knees and then just straight kicking me... She did it a few times for us to see via the ultrasound! Little stinker already! ^^

So, as you can see, things are PeRfEcT! We are thrilled. I have to go back for another ultrasound, but I get a little break. Everything is looking good so we have 6 weeks before the next visit.

It's nice that I get a little break before any more visits. I can relax and enjoy the holidays and then go back in January. It will be perfect timing.

Upcoming Appointments:
Tuesday, January 4 - 3:30 pm - Dr. Appointment and Glucose Test (1 hour)
Friday, January 7 - 30 week Ultrasound


No comments: