Friday, December 17, 2010

Reminiscing

Let me preface this by saying I'm extremely bored at work right now. Winter is always our slowest time and I'm the only one in the office and finished all my work around noon...

So I've spent the last 20 minutes or so looking up old pictures on Facebook. I looked at a few pictures of me from way back and then clicked on my "Dominick" album from when he was born...Holy cow. I can't even remember him that tiny!!!

I looked at all the pictures of my family and friends holding him and wishing us well. Then I looked at another friend's album of him. Then I looked at some of when he's a few months old...

I just can't believe that he'll be two in a month. TWO. I'll have a TWO YEAR OLD. And shortly after that, I'll have TWO kids. Woah.

It's amazing how much our lives have changed in just a few short years.


Les, me, Ash, Win, and Michelle at the wineries for Ashley's birthday



I remember everyone thought I was crazy when I got engaged my junior year of college. They thought I was too young. I was 21 when I got engaged. But Nick was 25 when we got engaged and he was ready.

The next few years out of college are a blur. I got married, Ashley got married, I got pregnant, Winnie bought a house, Michelle and Lauren got married, Ashley got pregnant, Abbie bought a house, Jim and Leslie got engaged, Michelle got pregnant, I got pregnant again. And a million more things that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

So many things have been going on in our lives and it's strange to think about the past.

I remember when we used to call each other and meet at a bar and be out all night having a blast. Or decide to go to a baseball game. Or when we used to not even think twice about being out until 3 am on a work night or a school night. Things are so different.

I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I am so thankful for all the memories I have with everyone. And I'm so thankful for my beautiful son and my absolutely amazing husband. I'm happy to say that those close girlfriends I gained freshman year of college (and Leslie - sophomore) are still my best friends in the world.




Les, Abbie, Win, Lauren, Ash W., Ash H., Me and Michelle at Ashley's baby shower

Thanks to Ashley, Leslie, Michelle, Winnie, Abbie, Lauren, and other Ashley for some of the greatest times, memories and experiences of my life. These last 8 years have been amazing. I'm looking forward to many, MANY more.


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Crying..... Love you...... Crying, xoxo